Discussions about C# and related technologies.
C# Chat Wiki
I have at least 20 reputation on stackoverflow and would like to use the chat room feature. Naturally my first choice was C#.
Are there any guidelines I should know about for the C# chat room?
- Be on topic
- Be nice, show class
- Please do not post NSFW content
- Do not post requests for others to do your work
- Please avoid flagging content unless it is egregious
- Don't ask if you can ask, it is recursive
- Even if no one is around, you should still ask your question
- If you can reproduce your problem chances are someone can fix it
- If you have a question about your code, please show the code in a small snippet or in a link
- Simply stating that "it doesn't work" without explaining what is not working will not get your problem solved
Tips and Tricks
- To edit your last message (2 minute window) use the up key on your keyboard while focused on the textarea input
- To see other options on your sent messages, click to the left of them in order to view a popout interface
- If you do send code, please use `` for a small code block (this will only work when a line break has not been used)
- To generate a line break, use SHIFT+ENTER
- If you wish to send a large code block with line breaks, use CTRL+K while focused on the textarea input or click the "fixed font" button next to "send".
- As with comments on questions and answers, **bolds**, *italicizes*, ---
strikes---, [LINK TEXT](HTTP://WEBSITE.COM) creates a named link for LINK TEXT, [tag:NAME] creates a tag link for NAME
- If you wish to use a "sarcasm" font then you may use *`sarcastic comment`* to indicate sarcasm.
- There are few other special cases for chat such as linking questions and answers. These links will turn into mini previews (please do not spam them)
- A link which ends in a viable image extension will also be transformed into the image in chat (please nothing not safe for work)